Friday COVID-19 case count in south zone remains at 12
Friday, 27 March 2020. Posted in Shootin' the Breeze
Fifty-six additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 542.
To protect Albertans and prevent the spread of COVID-19, the province has introduced new restrictions on mass gatherings and specific types of businesses.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 337 cases in the Calgary zone
- 120 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 30 cases in the North zone
- 43 cases in the Central zone
- 12 cases in the South zone
- Of these cases, 23 are currently hospitalized, including 10 admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- In total, there have been 34 hospitalizations, with 11 admissions to an ICU.
- Two deaths have been reported.
- Up to 42 of the 542 cases may be due to community transmission.
- A COVID-19 outbreak was confirmed March 24 at the Nelson Home, a Calgary group home for persons with developmental disabilities. Two care workers and a resident have tested positive for COVID-19, and two other residents have been tested, with one negative result and no results available yet on a second. All individuals are self-isolating.
- To date, 20 cases have been identified in staff and residents of continuing care facilities, including 15 in McKenzie Towne Long Term Care, one case in Rosedale on the Park and four at Shepherd’s Care Kensington Village.
- There are six new confirmed recovered cases, bringing the total to 33.
- Aggregate data, showing cases by age range and zone, as well as by local geographical areas, is available online at https://bit.ly/33WkoJb
- All Albertans need to work together to help prevent the spread and overcome COVID-19.
View full press conference with additional information and Q&A session below
Shootin' the Breeze is committed to providing local news and to supporting the communities of Pincher Creek and Crowsnest Pass throughout the COVID-19 situation.
News releases and live press conferences are posted to the website first, then shared via social media. This website is the easiest and most organized way to quickly see our new posts and information in an organized way.
Our office is now closed to the public, but as an essential service, we continue working behind the scenes. Ad placements and accounts receivable payments can be processed by phoning 403-904-2227 with Visa or Mastercard, or by e-transferring to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions at all, please call Shannon at 403-904-2227 or 403-627-8829. You can also email email@example.com.
Be well, and thank you for supporting your local newspaper!